Sunday, November 3, 2013

(2posts) I came in like a wrecking ball...

I'm sorry about the title for sure...

***Random thought. Still hung up on people thinking I'm marriage hungry...People think I am (which is wrong), but what about the people who let it consume them to the point they don't function. What a strange world we live in. Random thought completed.***

Blog Starting Line ---------------------

I just want to take the time to talk about how beautiful ya'll girls are.

I know, this isn't exactly my blogs normal dialogue, but I just want to say how true it is.

I have been priviledged to know some girls as of late, who I have literally stopped and thought, "Shoot."

I pondered on this later. I mean, some girls get down on themselves for one reason or another, but in my honest opinion there is no need. I know beauty is only skin deep, but each of these girls have great, genuine personalities.

I know girls sometimes think that they may not be as pretty as the next girl or whatever. Society is wrong. Comparisons are no good because we are talking about a matter of opinions and they vary so much from person to person that they are simply incomparable and not worthy of our dwelling thoughts.

----2nd Post

I have spent a lot of time thinking about what I think about and how much I time I spend thinking about the things I think about. In no particular order.

I think about design a lot. I think about girls a lot. I think about how to be a better a lot. I spend a lot of time wondering what the heck I'm doing with my life. I spend a lot of time thinking about funny things. I spend a lot of time thinking about other people in general. I spend a lot of time thinking about God. I spend a lot of time thinking about the Atonement and repentance.

I spend some time thinking about fear. I spend some time thinking about my class. I spend some time thinking about how much time I have left at BYU, in the 105, in Provo, with my friends. I spend a lot of time thinking about things I just need to stop doing. I spend some time everyday thinking about my family and how I miss them and miss seeing them.

At least two of three times a day I think about my parents and how great they are. I just spend about 5 minutes thinking about them and nothing else. It happens everyday. Seriously though.

The question was posed to me, "How can we have the Spirit of God in our lives more?"

My answer simply was to read the scriptures. Thinking about that I realized the more time we spend doing something the more time we spend thinking about it and pondering about it. If we spend time at the Temple, spend time in the scriptures, spend time with good company, then the subject of our thoughts becomes things of the Kingdom of God.

I know a very logical flow, but I feel its got merit.

Back in the day I determined that there are certain things we do that give Satan fire power. If we view images and media that is not appropriate that give Satan fire power. He can bring up those images when he chooses. When we listen to inappropriate music on the regs, he can pull that back up at a moments notice. Before you know it you got Dr. Dre's Millennium album blasting in your mind. No bueno.

However, if you listen to and see wholesome images and media that gives the Spirit firepower from which He can use to overpower evil thoughts that Satan tries to use to harm us.

It's a formula for success. I've seen it work in my life. I know its real. It's the reason I think a 2 year mission is so great, because eventually after enough time of thinking about the Lord and the teachings of the Prophets, it becomes all you think about and a permanent spot in your thoughts.

Think about that.

----Random thoughts that I have----
If only I could count the times, in three years, I have walked sidewalk at my apartment complex from one side of the complex to the other, totally frustrated with life, looking up at the sky...in the cold...exhaling deeply and thinking..."crap"...

No comments:

Post a Comment