Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Semester Wrap-Up 7.

Well...here it is again. The end of my seventh semester. Basically, I'm a semester away from freedom from school for a little while. That's the scariest thing. Eh. I say that, but then it doesn't feel that way at all.

So. Taking a look back at the semester some great things have happened. I learned that anthropology is pretty cool. I learned not to judge people. I didn't think I did anyway but now I know everyone has a back story to who they are and why they are who they are. I've learned I have the same emotions in common with the Bushmen in South Africa. We may believe different things, but underneath it all, me and Ukwane are pretty similar. I also learned that there are some interesting cultures. I learned that Wal-Mart is pretty crappy. I learned that Apple is kinda cool. I learned that Bill Gates was an extremely nerdy dude who ate too much pizza in the 80's. I want pizza. I HAVE PIZZA!!! BRB!

That was legit. I literally forgot.

Philosophy. I learned that there have been some pretty smart dudes. I learned that science doesn't prove much because this could all be fake and we could all be brains in a vat. I learned that we have successfully produced a protein from lighting and some other inorganic stuff. That's pretty freaky. I mean...if it's even real...still could be in the matrix right now. I learned that some people just thinking in a room almost arrived at the Mormon religion without even meaning to a couple hundred years before Joseph Smith. That's kinda crazy. I learned that there are holes in all arguments. I learned that a man named William James said the smartest thing I've ever heard. Basically, if you can't prove something with science or reason its okay to side with which ever one you believe in more. THANK YOU. The debates will always be over now for me. It was like a breathe of fresh air.

I learned that Freshmen coming into that class need a solid testimony haha

We didn't read anti, but she brought up all the objections to the church one could think of. There are answers. I loved it. The class is in my top 3 of all classes at BYU. I stand a chance at getting an A in it.

Basketball. I learned not to judge a book by its cover. I really didn't like one dude in the class because he was a ball hog to death. But...off the court he's a great dude. I learned that I have a  pretty sweet half court shot. I know how to use picks now...and how to pick in a zone. Word. I also may be a players assistant to the BYU team next semester because I rocked it in class.

Design......listen don't ever talked to me about the word honesty ever again. I know about honesty inside and out. I can make my own shoes. That's what I got there.

Spiritually...I have learned to serve more. I love doing the dishes for my apartment now, even though I do grumble. I love having a clean apartment and I love cleaning it. I remember a quote about obedience, something like...when obedience becomes a way of life....something....well charity is a commandment and obedience to it is becoming easier. I love that. I've done some stupid things...you know...everyone has their favorite sins. Always got to kick those things, stay in reality, think before acting. The Spirit has always warned me before doing dumb things...I need to pay more attention to His promptings in that regard.

Friends. Made some great new friends. Get blazed. Miss some of the old ones. Jules. The girls of 113 & 114, miss them bad. I've learned that if someone knows your buttons, they will push them. But Lance and I keep trucking. We've both been through a crap-ton in 4 months.

I've learned that a Macbook will break the bank. Hard.

I've learned that I've made some mistakes, that have cost me dearly. I have a hard time believing it sometimes. It's been a hard semester, behind all the laughs. Ultimately, this whole year has been about trusting God. I don't know what else to do. So much could be said...Anyway...

Love, and spend time loving. The longer I'm alive, the more I cherish each moment.

Drop the mic. See ya soon 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment