Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Quote-Unquote Stupid Guys.

I heard someone talk about this the other night. This girl said, “Why are guys dumb?”

My response was simple. They aren't, you talk to the wrong guys. Talk to different ones. It’s about the guy being man enough to live the standards of the Church. It’s about guys who aren’t afraid to talk about feelings. It’s about guys who aren’t afraid to commit.  It’s about guys who aren’t about loud laughter, who seek after knowledge and ask questions. It’s about guys who aren’t afraid to do what you want to do, girly or not.
I could point them out all day long, but it’s funny, when I do, they are the first ones to “try” to turn things around. Time and time again, it doesn’t happen. Honestly though ladies, we know what we need to be doing. I’ll add a few last remarks. Watch out for the guy that stands to close, who is a little touchy feely and who talks about things with no meaning or substance. (Just noticed that one recently.)
The most deep brother you’ll find isn’t playing football, though he could be, he’ll be soaked in homework figuring out a math problem. The one that’ll rub your feet at the end of a hard day’s work is found with glasses on in the front row of astrophysics class, or the lead accountant/financial advisor intern for H&R Block.

Life update.
Aside from all that, I'm a Temple worker now and I love it. It's been a great calling and I hope it blesses my family. School is great. I have a great schedule that's not too tough and I'm getting great grades! Money is a little tight, but I'm making it through. I don't know how, but I am. I've met some great people from the new ward. Everything is looking good. Not only that, Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming and that's just cool. Its getting cold in out here, but I like it. In a few weeks it's going to be freezing. Therefore I'm enjoying what little bit of fall there is. I missed hiking Timp again. Lame. We were going to go with some way cool girls from the ward, but the mountain got blasted with snow. Dang. I want that mountain.  Anyway, that's my life to this point. I'm still alive in assasin...so you know...watch yourself FHE group.

One last thing....what up with girls not holding doors for guys? Holy geez...give love to get love...

No comments:

Post a Comment